My summer has been spent like all good summers should be spent; consuming all things trash. I am not embarrassed to fess up. I am not too proud to tell the world. I have done nothing but watch and read smut. Pure, dirty smut! Frankly I didn't want to miss out, I didn't want to be the only one who hadn't scoured the shelves at Walmart for ALL three copies of 50 Shades of Grey or be the gal who missed the ridiculously long line anxiously waiting with the rest of the female population for the men of Xquiste to burst onto the screen. Giddily I have spent more than a few hours pouring over the steamy pages that detail the exploits of the very controlling Mr. Grey and his extremely naive "employee" Miss Steele. I also gladly paid full price to watch possibly the worst film I have ever seen, just to catch a glimpse of Magic Mike ride the heck out of that pony. No regrets here, best summer EVER!
The most disturbing part of it all is not that I enjoy the nature of the books or found the "character development" of the film gripping, it was that during some of the most explicit scenes in both of these soon to be "classics" I couldn't help but think about anything other than CrossFit. I know, while a half naked Channing Tatum is grinding, thrusting and removing his clothes I am thinking about CrossFit. I can hear you and you are 100% right, I need help! But in all seriousness, think about it. If Anastasia spent a little more time at the local CF box and a little less time analyzing her extremely dysfunctional relationship then she would be able to keep up with the crazy bastard. Had she taken part in the CrossFit Open and had to complete seven minutes of burpees then maybe Miss Steele would know what it felt like to hang in there and finish strong, even when she thought she couldn't go on any longer. Grip strength, dead hang pull ups...heck kipping pull ups, handstand pushups, squats, box jumps...a few of the more popular CF movements that would probably come in handy for Mike and Dallas as they dazzle the ladies with their talents on centre stage. Maybe Adam would have been able to deal with the pressure of having to perform each and every night had he spent some time getting to know Rippetoe and how mentally demanding it can be to lift heavy every time you grab that bar.
Just like so many people in the general population, if all these characters just began to Crossfit I would think they would be able to "handle" the demands of their lifestyles so much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment