I should have called this blog....listen to me gripe and groan about my lack of motivation while I search for a reason to CrossFit again.......
Maybe I wasn't ready to start this over again?
When I begin to create my new blog, I focused on making it pretty, worried about how it would look and spent time coming up with a catchy title before really investigating what I wanted to do after my dance with Fran. And just like that I was back to who I was before, a person who worried about aesthetics rather than her performance. I thought that by putting myself directly back into cyber space in a nice little package that the extrinsic motivation would be enough to kick me back into gear.
It wasn't until a few days later when staring at the screen of my computer I hit my first road block. I had nothing to write about. Its hard to write about living a CrossFit life if quite frankly you haven't been. Its been 10 days since I promised myself to start another journey, 10 days since I thought it would be easier to continue on after my short hiatus. 10 days since I told myself that I didn't need a specific goal that I could just do this because I knew it was good for me. 10 days and my effort to live a CrossFit life has been pretty lack lustre.
Where had my drive and passion gone? Would it come back? What will it take to get back on the wagon? I am starting to worry that the magic I found with Fran was a one time deal and I won't be able to re mix that fantastic formula that drove me to achieve my goal. There seems to be a lot more questions than answers and with so many unknowns it makes me nervous that I won't be able to follow through.
Lets just hope that these April showers bring more than just May flowers!!!
Hey you,
ReplyDeleteIt will come my friend. You will soon, if you have not already, find your zest for working out and staying fit and healthy. You may have to force it at first, but it will all come around. What you are experiencing is completely normal after someone completes such a monumental goal. I will see you on Saturday:) I'm looking forward to working out with you!
Love ya,
Nancy